Pumpkin Jelly Roll demonstrated by Linda Ard and Jane Kuehn on September 14, 2012.
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease and flour 15X10 inch jelly-roll pan, line with wax paper or bakery pan liner. Grease and flour paper.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and sugar in medium mixing bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts if desired.
3. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Sprinkle cake top with powdered sugar, place thin kitchen towel on top of cake and cooling rack on top of towel and turn cake up-side down. This must be done while cake is still warm. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
1. Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in small mixer bowl until smooth.
2. Carefully unroll cake and remove towel. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. It is best to wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or nuts before serving if desired.