A home is destroyed in Grand Island Friday after a sudden fire.
Multiple fire departments were called to contain the blaze and medical crews were on hand checking out victims on the scene.
The residents and their nine dogs were all unharmed.
The fire started in the garage, and family members say the cause could have been two propane tanks. At this time, however, officials have not confirmed the cause of the fire.
Fire officials said when they arrived on the scene the garage was filled with heavy smoke and then collapsed to the ground. Gusty winds enhanced the situation and pushed flames into the home and farther out.
GIFD Director of Operations Divisions Chief, Tim Hiemer, said "We had a grass fire to the south of us, and in the grass field."
Robert Niedfelt was at home at 1008 S. Stuhr, when he saw the fire. "I came out the sliding door, I just saw the side of the garage was on fire, I turned back in and told them call 9-1-1," said Niedfelt.
Niedfelt said he was grateful nobody was harmed, including his nine dogs, his family, and that his valuables in a safe were spared.
Their insurance company will find a temporary home for the family.