Special Hunting Permits Issued for Recreation Areas - KHGI-TV/KWNB-TV/KHGI-CD-Grand Island, Kearney, Hastings

Special Hunting Permits Issued for Recreation Areas

Posted: Updated:

The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission is offering special permits to hunt antlerless deer at two state parks and one state recreation area.

The commission is issuing permits that will allow hunting in designated areas of Eugene T. Mahoney and Platte River state parks, as well as the Schramm Park State Recreation Area.

Applications are limited to one per person, and will be accepted through 5 p.m. on Oct. 31. Successful applicants and alternates will have to attend an orientation session to receive their permit.

Successful applicants will be assigned to one of the available hunting periods at one of the parks, and will be assigned to zones or tree stands.

The commission also has a program that sets up land-owners with hunters that want to shoot antlerless deer.

For additional information or to fill out an application for a permit, go to OutdoorNebraska.org.

Untitled Document


Powered by WorldNow
General and news information or questions:
Across the Midlands Information:
Comments: comments@nebraska.tv
Phone: 308-743-2494
News Fax: 308-743-2660
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and NTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.