Holdrege Resident Makes Lucky Escape in House Fire - KHGI-TV/KWNB-TV/KHGI-CD-Grand Island, Kearney, Hastings

Holdrege Resident Makes Lucky Escape in House Fire

Posted: Updated:

A fire broke out in a Holdrege home Wednesday morning with the resident making a quick escape.

The fire chief says flames shot up through the roof when crews arrived on scene. The section of the house engulfed in flames was an add-on between the house and garage.

Firefighters were able to mostly contain the fire to the add-on section of the house, however the add-on structure is being considered a complete loss.

Authorities say the cause of the blaze was electrical, and the resident was very lucky to get out.

The renter says he suddenly woke up, took a deep breath and crawled out with his dog.

No injuries reported. The Red Cross is providing assistance to the home's resident.



Untitled Document


Powered by WorldNow
General and news information or questions:
Across the Midlands Information:
Comments: comments@nebraska.tv
Phone: 308-743-2494
News Fax: 308-743-2660
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and NTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.