Nebraska Officials to Speak at 4th Annual Taxpayer Day at the Capitol
Gov. Dave Heineman will give the keynote address at the fourth annual Taxpayer Day at the Capitol event on Thursday, March 28.
Congressman Adrian Smith and State Auditor Mike Foley will join Heineman during the event to speak about the need to reduce government spending.
Taxpayer Day at the Capitol is hosted by Americans for Prosperity-Nebraska and will give Nebraskans the opportunity to meet several of their elected officials, ask questions and learn more about current political events.
The organization's state director, Brad Stevens said, "This
is an opportunity for citizens from across the state to make their voice heard
and participate in the democratic process."
The schedule for the day follows:
– AFP members and senators invited to luncheon at Windsor Stables located at
330 S. 10th Street in Downtown Lincoln
– Congressman Adrian Smith speaks at Windsor Stables
– AFP-Nebraska State Director Brad Stevens presents AFP Legislative Agenda at
– Auditor Mike Foley speaks at Windsor Stables
– Gov. Dave Heineman keynote speech at Windsor Stables
– Event moves to state capitol and AFP members meet with their state senators