Since Weight Watchers started in 1963 healthy snacking has always played an important role in losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle because it can help stave off hunger and make you feel more in control.
Some of the classic healthy snacks include:
- Spread 2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese into 4 celery sticks and dot with 1 tablespoon dried cranberries. PPV- 2
- Sprinkle 3 cups air popped popcorn with chili powder and garlic powder. PPV- 2
- Break grapes into small clusters, place in a single layer on a plate and freeze. PPV- 0
Current, trendy snacks include:
- Spray 1 cup torn kale leaves lightly with nonstick spray and toss with a pinch each salt and pepper. Bake in 400° oven until crisp, about 8 minutes. PPV- 1
- Spread 2 teaspoons almond butter over 2 large rice cakes. PPV- 4
- Rinse and pat dry ½ cup canned chickpeas. Bake on small parchment-lined baking sheet in 375° oven until very crisp, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with pinch each of cumin powder, chipotle chili powder and salt. PPV- 3
The best part of all these snacks is that they are all less than 5 PPV. All these recipes are from the new Weight Watchers 50th Anniversary cookbook which will be on sale April 30 wherever books are sold.
Go to weightwacthers.com for more information.