Axtell House Fire Displaces Resident - KHGI-TV/KWNB-TV/KHGI-CD-Grand Island, Kearney, Hastings

Axtell House Fire Displaces Resident

Posted: Updated:

A weekend fire leaves one Axtell resident displaced.

The house fire broke out early Sunday afternoon. Axtell Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to the home on West 4th shortly before 2 p.m.

Fire officials say an unattended lit candle apparently caught some papers on fire in the kitchen. Nobody was home when the fire broke out.

American Red Cross helped make arrangements for other housing.

Early figures say the fire caused between 15- to 20-thousand-dollars damage. The fire is still under investigation by the State Fire Marshall's office.

Untitled Document

Facebook

Powered by WorldNow
General and news information or questions:
Across the Midlands Information:
events@nebraska.tv
Comments: comments@nebraska.tv
News:
news@nebraska.tv
Phone: 308-743-2494
News Fax: 308-743-2660
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and NTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.