Private Lake/Pond Owners Can Apply for Fish Stock - KHGI-TV/KWNB-TV/KHGI-CD-Grand Island, Kearney, Hastings

Private Lake/Pond Owners Can Apply for Fish Stock

Posted: Updated:

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Individuals and association who own private lakes and ponds can apply to the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission to have the water stocked with fish.

The agency says the bodies of water must have at least one-half surface acre and at least 25 percent must be at least 10 feet deep with water that has at least 12 inches of clarity. Fencing must be available if necessary to keep livestock out.

Most fish available for stocking are largemouth bass and bluegill fingerlings.

A Nebraska fishing permit is required of all those 16 and older who fishes bodies stocked by Game and Parks.

The application deadline is Aug. 1.

To download an application on the Internet, go to and click on Fishing and then Services.



Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.

Untitled Document


Powered by WorldNow
General and news information or questions:
Across the Midlands Information:
Phone: 308-743-2494
News Fax: 308-743-2660
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and NTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.