1. Mix the ingredients to form a stiff dough. Gently knead with a little extra flour.
2. Lightly flour a cutting board and roll out the dough until about 1/8" thick.
3. Cut dough into 2" strips. Stack the strips and cut again into ¼" noodles.
4. Add to boiling broth or water. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
Chicken Noodle Soup
All you need:
6 cups chicken broth
2 cups chicken, cooked
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup onion, diced
½ cup celery, diced
3 cups egg noodles (see above)
Black pepper, if desired
All you do:
1. Bring broth to a boil. Add chicken, carrots, onion and celery. Return to a boil.
2. Add egg noodles. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
Good Broth = Good Soup.
Good broth does not have to be hard to make. All it takes is a slow cooker or Dutch oven and a handful of ingredients. Toss in chicken, carrots, onions, celery, bay leaf, a little salt, and water to cover. Simmer for 6 to 8 hours on low or in a Dutch oven for several hours. Strain the liquid. Debone the chicken and add it back to the soup. After chilling, skim off fat before adding soup ingredients. To make a beef broth, use beef shanks, onion, and a little red wine.