It's been just over a month since a fire struck a local Holdrege church.
It was a cold morning on November 12th, as area volunteer firefighters fought to save a church that meant so much to so many.
Flames from the fire that sparked around 3:30 a.m. could be seen for blocks, as North Park Assembly of God in Holdrege burned.
Now just over a month later, the congregation is picking up the pieces and moving forward.
The church's pastor Brain Steinbach said, "Where we stand right now is we're actually going to be starting in the next thirty days doing restorations in the south wing of the building which includes the gym area and our office areas."
The south side received the majority of the damage.
But due to the extensive smoke throughout, services have temporarily been moved to the local YMCA.
"They don't open up until 1 [p.m.] on Sundays, so that gave us the opportunity to keep our service times normal. It has been extremely helpful as opposed to trying to share a worship facility with another church, which was one of the main reasons we opted for that even though we had a lot of people offer their facilities to us."
Mechanical and electrical issues resulting in the failure of a heating system was the official cause of the blaze.
And while much of the building burned for hours, things like party favors remained intact.
But that wasn't what they were hoping survived.
Luckily the community has stepped in and helped proved important items lost in the fire.
"We had a church that extended the use of some extra chairs that they had so we have those available to us while we're meeting at the Y and so there's been a lot of small and large contributions," said Steinbach.
Officials hope to be back in the main portion of the building by spring.
While there's still a lot of work to be done, members of the congregation feel they're blessed that they still have a building to work with.