Smoke Inhalation Determined as Cause of Death of Elderly McCool - KHGI-TV/KWNB-TV/KHGI-CD-Grand Island, Kearney, Hastings

Smoke Inhalation Determined as Cause of Death of Elderly McCool Junction Couple

Posted: Updated:

The investigation into the deaths of an elderly couple in McCool Junction has concluded after an autopsy found the couple died of smoke inhalation from a house fire in November, according to York County Attorney Candace Dick.

Neighbors called emergency officials on the morning of Nov. 2 after noticing smoke coming from the home of Charles and Jaunita Bailey, who were both in their 80s.

Responding firefighters found a small smoldering fire in the living room and then discovered the couple in the bedroom.

Investigators believe the fire started accidentally overnight and was continuing to smolder when neighbors arrived to deliver breakfast to the couple.

Untitled Document

Facebook

Powered by WorldNow
General and news information or questions:
Across the Midlands Information:
events@nebraska.tv
Comments: comments@nebraska.tv
News:
news@nebraska.tv
Phone: 308-743-2494
News Fax: 308-743-2660
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and NTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.