American Heart Association Says Personal Responsibility Major Pa - KHGI-TV/KWNB-TV/KHGI-CD-Grand Island, Kearney, Hastings

American Heart Association Says Personal Responsibility Major Part in Preventing Heart Attack, Stroke

Posted: Updated:

It's Heart Health Month and as part of it, local health officials are sharing the American Heart Association's 80/20 rule.

The 80/20 rule says only 20 percent of the risk for heart attack and stroke can be attributed to genetics, while the other 80 percent can be prevented by lifestyle changes.

Two Rivers Public Health Department says there are four big things a person can do to take personal responsibility for their heart health. Those things are exercising every day, eating well, managing stress and not smoking.

They say other healthy habits that may help with a healthy heart include maintaining a healthy weight, knowing your numbers (cholesterol, blood pressure), and getting screened.

To find more tips on heart health, go to www.heart.org.

Untitled Document

Powered by WorldNow
General and news information or questions:
Across the Midlands Information:
events@nebraska.tv
Comments: comments@nebraska.tv
News:
news@nebraska.tv
Phone: 308-743-2494
News Fax: 308-743-2660
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and NTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.