Gudeg ( Indonesian Young Green Jackfruit Stew) in Crock Pot
1. In a blender, combine Candlenuts, Onion, Garlic and water into a smooth paste.
2. In a Slow Cooker/Crock Pot, combine all ingredients, started with Galangal and Indonesian Bay Leaves on the bottom, hard-boiled eggs, chicken, tofu, young green Jackfruit,Candlenut onion garlic paste, Coriander, Cumin, Salt, Dark Brown Sugar, Coconut Milk and tea bags.
3. Set the Slow Cooker/ Crock Pot on "High" for 4 hours.
1.After 4 hours on "High", discard the tea bags.
2. Carefully stir the mixture, adjust the taste to your preference. At this point, you can enjoy the Gudeg already.( Don't forget to discard the Galangal and the Indonesian Bay leaves before you server).
3. In you want to get thicker broth, let it simmer for another 4-5 hours on "Low". Occasionally stir the mixture carefully.
4. Wait 5-10 minutes to cool off.
5. Serve it with steamed rice. Enjoy!