Hastings Shooting Not Believed to be Accidental - KHGI-TV/KWNB-TV/KHGI-CD-Grand Island, Kearney, Hastings

Hastings Shooting Not Believed to be Accidental

Posted: Updated:
A nine-year-old boy was taken into custody Wednesday, for allegedly shooting his younger brother in Hastings last week.

Adams County Attorney Donna Fegler Daiss says that the boy was taken into custody following an investigation into the death of four-year-old Beau Pecor. A juvenile court petition for manslaughter was filed Thursday afternoon. The nine-year-old is currently in the custody of the Department of Health and Human Services.

Police were sent to 907 N. Saunders around 8:15 a.m. Friday. Four-year-old Beau Pecor, had sustained a gunshot wound from a rifle at his home. 

The boy was taken to Mary Lanning Healthcare, and Police Chief Pete Kortum said the child was pronounced dead shortly after arrival. The county attorney believes the shooting was not accidental.

Authorities say the rifle is owned by the boyfriend of Beau's mother. Family members were home at the time of the shooting. Neither adult has been charged.
Powered by WorldNow
General and news information or questions:
Across the Midlands Information:
events@nebraska.tv
Comments: comments@nebraska.tv
News:
news@nebraska.tv
Phone: 308-743-2494
News Fax: 308-743-2660
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and NTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.