Recipe from Lori Woodard of Tenn.
- Drain most of the juice from 1 can of crushed pineapple, leaving only a little juice in the can.
- Pour pineapple into medium saucepan.
- Add two tablespoons of sugar and about a half stick of butter.
- Stir over medium heat and let cook 10 to 15 minutes. Cool.
- Put 1 package softened cream cheese into a bowl. Add a small bit of powdered sugar and two big tablespoons of Cool Whip topping. Add remaining pineapple juice.
- Set mixer on blend for 5 minutes. Switch mixer to beat and beat mixture for 20 minutes.
Spread cooked pineapple over cake. Then spread cream cheese icing over pineapple.