Recipe from Linda Jones of Ala.
- 35 Saltine Crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp.almond extract or orange extract
- 5 4 oz. milk chocolate bars, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch jelly roll pan with tin foil. Lightly spray foil with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place crackers, salty side up in prepared pan.
- In a saucepan, boil butter and sugar for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in almond or orange extract.
- Pour mixture over crackers and bake 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with candy bars. Spread evenly as chocolate begins to melt.
- Cool slightly and transfer onto waxed paper. Allow to cool completly.
Linda comments: Very good, and a different way to eat a cracker.