If you do find yourself trapped in your vehicle:
- Stay in the car.
- Do not leave the car to search for assistance unless help is visible within one-hundred yards. You may become disoriented and lost is blowing and drifting snow.
- Display a trouble sign. Hang a brightly colored cloth on the radio antenna and raise the hood.
- Occasionally run engine to keep warm.
- Turn on the car's engine for about ten minutes each hour.
- Beware of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Keep the exhaust pipe clear of snow, and open a downwind window slightly for ventilation.
- Do minor exercises to keep up circulation.
- If more than one person is in the car, take turns sleeping and, for warmth, huddle together.